Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sunday December 25, 2011

This past Sunday I talked about Peace. The peace that Jesus brought with him when he came to earth, peace that is available in all our hearts. A peace that is not about our circumstances, but about serenity in our hearts. These are the scriptures: Luke 2:8-14, excerpts from Isiah 9 and 60, and most importantly John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.”
  
I also played this song, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day":
http://youtu.be/bK8xB1opuQ8
Pay close attention to this verse:
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”
  
This week is Christmas, Christmas Day is on a Sunday. We will have a time of celebration, we will sing Christmas carols and we will hear the Christmas story. God is with us - through Jesus Christ who came to us to bring hope, peace, joy and love.
  
Merry Christmas, dear ones. You are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment