Friday, August 21, 2009

Sermon August 23, 2009

We will be dealing with prayer again this week. Last week we talked about the Lord's Prayer and this week will be dealing with some hard questions: Does God answer prayer? Most of us wonder this at some point in our lives, and this week we will take a look at the answer to that and other questions.

I hope that you are doing well, I have prayed for each one of you this week and I'm looking forward to seeing you Sunday.

Announcement: Remember that the 30th we are having a baptismal service. If you would like to be baptized let me know as soon as possible.

~Pastor Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Great sermon. You certainly gave me alot to think and pray about this week. I know the answers to many prayers are comin soon.
    Thanks, Shannon. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think prayer is uncomfortable for most new believers. I know for me it took time to relax and just talk to God. Voicing prayer in church was another anxiety that did not go away until my private prayer had strengthened. Thank you Pastor Shannon for exploring God’s blessing of our spiritual prayers.

    I think everyone needs to find their fortress of solitude with God. A place just you and God can be hard wired together. It is so important to have this place for prayer. This is where the real work gets done on your soul. I archery hunt from a tree stand and it's my best alone time with God. Sitting in a tree completely surrounded by God's creations is a perfect environment. Watching the sunrise or set is an experience everyone should take the time to enjoy. Some of my best hunting experiences are the days I don't see an animal to harvest, but the time I spend letting God harvest me. The hours I spend reflecting about my life, listening to God direct me, planning my future, counting my blessings, are just a taste of how I spend my time swaying in a tree. Thank you God for being my friend and making me the man I am today and in the future. Kev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Kevin, I have heard several friends who hunt say the same thing about time with God in the tree stand. Getting into nature is a great way to get with God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor:

    I heard that Sunday's sermon was awesome and very moving! I am thankful for you. Lin

    ReplyDelete